Pariti is a venture-backed startup building the infrastructure for entrepreneurship in emerging markets.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist that can support us as we build out our community platform. We raised our seed round late last year and have been busy executing on our strategy to develop the African startup ecosystem. We are looking for hungry, committed and talented individuals to join our team and need support across product, operations, strategy, marketing and finance. We have tons of work for you to get involved with and if you're the right fit, we're confident you can add value.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in ML & AI and a background in a highly quantitative field (computer science, math, statistics, actuarial science, engineering, or related technical field), and should be able to design and run data science projects.
Here's what you'll be working on
- Be responsible for our data science projects
- Work closely with engineering to deploy models to production
- Mentor data scientists in the team by providing actionable feedback
- Own business KPIs attached to data science projects
- Perform advanced feature engineering tasks across a variety of data sources to identify hidden patterns that can be used to improve business processes, algorithms and products
- Choose the appropriate techniques and algorithms to solve various business problems based on technical, statistical and analytical approaches
- Build, test, implement, deploy and monitor machine learning models
- Build, deploy and maintain machine learning pipelines and infrastructure
- Write production ready code that contributes to the core products of the company
- Write clear and concise documentation for data science processes and algorithms
- Create data visualizations, reports and dashboards
What will make you stand out
- Very knowledgeable about various ML concepts and algorithms
- Proficiency in Python and data science libraries such as Pandas, Numpy, Scipy, Scikit-learn, Pytorch or Tensorflow
- Great communication skills, and ability to work closely with technical and non technical team members alike to solve real world problems
- Ability to work independently in a remote-first company with lots of ambiguity
What we offer 🤲🏾
- Competitive salary & equity package
- A chance to work with thousands of startups & global investors
- A remote-first environment
- An annual learning budget for you to grow
- Annual company retreats
- Medical benefits
What you may *not* love
- We’re small, so if you like more established companies, this role isn’t for you. You’ll help create our company’s culture.
- We’re an early-stage startup. Priorities will shift and plans are made based on experiments. And we move really fast.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven, and works incredibly hard to push towards our lofty ambitions. Most people won’t be cut out for it.
- You should be comfortable with a dash of chaos. This is not the kind of job where you will be told what to do every day.
Diversity Commitment: We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.