Pariti is a venture-backed startup building the infrastructure for entrepreneurship in emerging markets. Pariti provides access to talent, capital, and resources to founders in emerging markets.
We are looking for a passionate and dynamic Head of Design. You will play a critical role in the company at a time when we’re looking to grow significantly over the next year and beyond. We are looking for someone who is curious, empathetic, and wants to own the design & research disciplines in the company to manage the entire user experience & play a key role in the product team.
Your role will report to the CPO.
What you’ll be responsible for 📌
We've got foundational design and pay a lot of attention to user research, but you would be the first full-time designer to join the team to influence and lead every part of our product culture & experience as we go forward. We also want you to contribute to our collaborative and fun company atmosphere. Some of what you’ll be responsible for can be outline as follows:
- Design and validate concepts with end-users and turn insights into useful and delightful UI and visual designs
- Be the voice of our customers in product development
- Work with sketches, concepts, and prototypes to communicate with stakeholders
- Build a design system for us to work with
- Work closely across the entire organization for branding, research, product discovery and engineering
- Manage and update our branding collateral
Who will love this job 🥰
- Are excited about understanding the problems entrepreneurs face everyday and fixing them with technology
- Are a great storyteller and communicator
- Have a passion for turning complex problems into simple and engaging experiences
- Have an unparalleled passion for UX, visual design and product thinking for web applications
- Are comfortable with an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback
- Love both strategy and hands-on UX
What we look for 👀
- Experience in design thinking, design and research sprints including generative, evaluative and usability user research methods.
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography & limitations of online and offline design work.
- The ability to storyboard or translate ideas to designers and others, influencing external and internal stakeholders
- A strong working knowledge of online and offline design, brand development and the creative process
- Ability to lead design projects from concept to completion
- Experience with design software, such as Figma, Sketch
- Experience working with Product and Marketing teams
- Experience in branding
- An unparalleled passion for lifelong learning & doing
- Direct, clear communication and speak up attitude
- Ability to work independently in a remote-first company with lots of ambiguity
What we offer 🤲🏾
- Competitive salary & equity package
- A chance to work with thousands of startups & global investors
- A remote-first environment
- An annual learning budget for you to grow
- Annual company retreats
- Medical benefits
What you may *not* love 😟
We’re small, so if you like more established companies, this role isn’t for you. You’ll help create our company’s culture.
- We’re an early-stage startup. Priorities will shift and plans are made based on experiments. And we move really fast.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven, and works incredibly hard to push towards our lofty ambitions. Most people won’t be cut out for it.
- You should be comfortable with a dash of chaos. This is not the kind of job where you will be told what to do every day.
Diversity Commitment: We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.