Pariti is a venture-backed startup building the infrastructure for entrepreneurship in emerging markets. Pariti provides access to talent, capital, and resources to founders in emerging markets.
We are looking for a passionate and dynamic Data Scientist. You will play a critical role in the company at a time when we’re looking to grow significantly over the next year and beyond. We are looking for someone who will help us make smarter decisions to deliver better products to entrepreneurs, talent and investors all around the world. We welcome candidates at the senior level or above, and will adapt the title accordingly with experience.
Your role will report to the CPO.
What you’ll be responsible for 📌
The data science function at Pariti is an equal partner to product, engineering and design. As a senior leader on a high-performing team, you’ll shape the team’s strategic direction. You’ll tackle a broad range of product and business problems: uncovering unique user insights, identifying the right growth strategies and developing prediction and recommendation engines to serve entrepreneurs and investors in the ecosystem. Some of what you’ll be responsible for can be outline as follows
- Processing business, founder, and market data to understand what leads to investment and business success in emerging markets.
- Inform product by understanding the impact of product launches and experiments on user journeys.
- Identify unique insights and needs of users and leverage this information across product, marketing, sales and customer experience.
- Participate in design and ideation around product and feature opportunities, using data to inform these decisions.
- Design and build our experimentation & data engineering functions.
- Drive our understanding of timely, actionable and accurate feedback & evaluation of businesses.
- Extending our data with third party sources of information when needed.
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
Who will love this job 🥰
- Are excited about understanding the problems entrepreneurs face everyday and believe in the growth of underserved markets
- Love getting your hands dirty with data to surface insights from products
- Want to build out a data science function from the beginning, helping define how to conduct experiments, analyses for years to come
- Are an outcome-oriented hacker, delivering results in the shortest amount of time possible without much guidance
What we look for 👀
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker, Metabase
- Proficiency in using SQL and Python for querying and running analyses.
- Good applied statistics such as distributions, experiment design, and testing
- 3+ years of experience working with data in industry-related applications
- An unparalleled passion for lifelong learning & doing Strong business acumen
- Direct, clear communication and speak up attitude.
- Ability to work independently in a remote-first company with lots of ambiguity.
- As a plus, experience with data pipelines: transforming raw production and external data into user-friendly tables.
What we offer 🤲🏾
- Competitive salary & equity package
- A chance to work with thousands of startups & global investors
- A remote-first environment
- An annual learning budget for you to grow
- Annual company retreats
- Medical benefits
What you may *not* love 😟
- We’re small, so if you like more established companies, this role isn’t for you. You’ll help create our company’s culture.
- We’re an early-stage startup. Priorities will shift and plans are made based on experiments. And we move really fast.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven, and works incredibly hard to push towards our lofty ambitions. Most people won’t be cut out for it.
- You should be comfortable with a dash of chaos. This is not the kind of job where you will be told what to do every day.
Diversity Commitment: We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.